Lisbon, Portugal 2017
After a fire that destroyed a large part of a neighbourhood where dozens of migrants lived, the following situations were verified:
- Children did not go to school for several days;
- Low hygiene;
- Lack of physical and material security;
- Robberies within the community.
It was necessary to create a forum for action with a serie of actions for the minimum response (according to IASC 2007), nutrition and food security, shelter and space planning and water supply and sanitation.
What will be the next steps?
0 of 1 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 1 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Question 1 of 1
According to each of the minimum responses, indicated (1, 2, 3, and 4), match the correct action.
1 – Shelter and space planning
2 – Water supply and sanitation.
3 – Nutrition and food safety
4 – Common to the three minimal responses
- Respect religious and cultural practices:
- Ensure privacy:
- Prevent conflicts:
- Find an enclosed space, with privacy and access to toilets and food preparation:
- Ensure that there are water points for everyone:
- Special attention to pregnant women and infants:
- Use feeding and nutrition programs for possible situations of social and psychological support:
- Suitable spaces for children:
- Participatory diagnosis of the situation with several of the people affected:
- Provide instructions for the correct preparation of certain foods:
- Family Reunification:
- Hygiene materials:
- Female participation in the community:
- Specific counseling for food crises in children:
- Create an individual registration and documentation system:
- Encourage the community to carry out cleaning campaigns:
- Solutions with the support of the community:
- To reliably assist in situations of micronutrient deficiencies or denutrition:
- Supervision of spaces so that everything is always clean:
- Creation of informal networks of social protection: